With warm, sunny weather, many businesses see a boost in profits. Consumers are happy to shop around and eat out after spending so many months cooped up indoors for warmth. So don’t miss out on opportunity! It’s the perfect chance for business owners to capitalize on the season by expanding marketing efforts to reach new customers and to remind old ones that your business is still around. Get started with these five marketing tips.
- Brand image: Take a look at your marketing materials—website, brochures, business cards, menus etc.—and update as necessary to ensure that everything matches your brand image. Your materials should be printed in the same colors, using the same fonts and displaying the same logo. The goal is to make your branding unique and recognizable (think about the iconic red Target logo or the McDonald’s golden arches over a red backdrop).
- Blogging and social media: Have you planned on starting a blog but kept putting it off? Now’s the time to launch it! Writing fresh, informative and relatable content is a great way to provide value to your customers, along with boosting your SEO (search engine optimization) efforts. Content creation does take up a good deal of time, but really good content gets people talking about you and can lead to increased business.
- Establish yourself as an industry leader: Spend an afternoon browsing the websites and blogs of competitors and industry leaders. What do they have to say? Do you have any additional comments or different advice? Getting involved in the conversation not only exposes your brand to new consumers, but it also establishes your business as an industry leader because of your vast knowledge on industry and trending topics.
- Capture customer information: All businesses want a way to keep in contact with new customers, whether through email, direct mail or even Facebook. Find creative ways to capture customer information and garner social media fans. Most customers will want something in return, so consider offering a free appetizer or a 10 percent discount in exchange for filling out a short survey that includes an email address.
- Run promotions: People love a good deal! Promotions such as “buy two for the price of one” or “get 50 percent off if you spend over $50” have proven to be successful for many businesses. Running a promotion not only keeps your customers coming back for more, but it also increases the likelihood of new business if your customers are satisfied enough to tell their friends.
Every growing business should keep coverage in mind. Call Tabitha E. Walker Insurance Agency at (540) 657-5633 for more information on Fredericksburg business insurance.