Everyone is looking for ways to save money on their car insurance. Fortunately, we've got some ideas on how to do just that. Five ways, to be exact.
- Tip 1: Opting for a high deductible is just about the simplest way to lower the cost of your insurance premium. Choosing a deductible of $1,000 instead of $250 can save you quite a bit. Unfortunately, if your car is more than ten years old, you may not see much of a savings.
- Tip 2: Remove options you can live without. Car rental coverage is one thing you may be able to forgo. Should you need a rental car due to an accident, you can generally rent one for around $30 a day, which is often less than paying for the coverage. You should also consider taking towing off your policy. Cars will break down on occasion, but one that is well taken care of will break down far less often.
- Tip 3: Use the same independent agent for all of your insurance needs. Many times, if you have more than one type of policy with the same company, you get discounts.
- Tip 4: Instead of paying your insurance bill every month, pay once or twice a year. If you do pay monthly, most companies add a charge of up to $5 each month.
- Tip 5: If you are planning to purchase a new vehicle, learn about the insurance rates of the ones you are considering. When insurance companies determine the cost to insure a vehicle, they look at many things. They will take into consideration how likely a car is to get stolen, the type of damage a car will sustain in an accident, how much damage a vehicle can cause in an accident and many other factors. Overall, a safer car will cost you less to insure.
Luckily, you can save money on car insurance. Just use the tips shared here and enjoy that extra money. Start saving today. Call Tabitha E. Walker Insurance Agency at (540) 657-5633 for more information on Fredericksburg auto insurance.