Traveling by RV is a luxurious way to take in the scenery on the way to your main destination. But before planning a big trip, you should plan where you’ll be staying on each leg of the journey. Yes, you have the convenience of your vehicle, but where will you park it and what types of amenities do you value?
From becoming one with nature to enjoying sophisticated comforts, there are accommodations for every type of traveler. Below is a list of five common RV accommodations for your consideration.
- Primitive campground: This is the cheapest option, but also the most basic. Far from residential communities, primitive campgrounds offer the opportunity to connect with the wilderness. Some may have bathrooms, but showers and even running water are not guaranteed.
- Modern campground: While still providing the chance to live amongst nature, modern campgrounds have a few more modern conveniences. These may include bathrooms, showers, running water, dump stations and paved parking spaces. If RV hookups are available, they may come with an extra charge.
- RV campground: These campgrounds are designed with the RVer in mind. While still out in the woods, you can enjoy running water, electrical and sewage hookups and even WiFi at some locations. This is a popular choice for families, especially those with young children.
- RV park: This option is generally for those who wish to stay a while and become immersed in a like-minded community. In addition to hookups, cable and WiFi, they often offer amenities like a laundry room, swimming pool and exercise facility. It’s similar to an apartment complex, only it houses parking spots for RVs instead of buildings with individual units.
- RV resort: This option is for travelers who enjoy luxury. During your stay at an RV resort, you can often enjoy an afternoon on the golf course, dining at the on-site restaurants or relaxing in the spa. Think of the offerings of a resort hotel and simply replace rooms with RVs.
As you travel, remember that one of the best ways to protect your RV and family finances is to invest in a comprehensive RV insurance policy. Call our agency for more details.
Hit the road with safety in mind. Call Tabitha E. Walker Insurance Agency at (540) 657-5633 for more information on Fredericksburg RV insurance.